Five incredible speakers and almost $40,000 in prize money!
Come for one afternoon or come for them all.
Join 150+ like-minded Entrepreneurs and Innovators at Calgary's Second Annual Innovation Rodeo, where you'll learn from five incredible speakers about how to start a successful business and how to add new products or services to an existing business and where we give away almost $40,000 in prizes.
The first 100 registrants receive a free copy of The Lean Startup.
The Innovation Rodeo is four afternoons of keynote speakers, solving Innovation Challenges (daily prizes of $2,000), pitch competitions (daily prizes of $3,000) and networking.
On the fifth day Ernst & Young’s 2017 Global Entrepreneur of the Year Award is a keynote speaker and there is a final pitch competition for $18,000 in cash.
Jeremiah Gardner - An International Innovation and Lean StartUp expert and best-selling author from San Diego, who advises companies like GE, eBay, Intuit, Nike & Cisco, will share insights on how to create new opportunities by changing the way you approach innovation, growth, and value-creation.
Randy Thompson - The Founder and Fund Manager of the most active Angel Investor Network in Canada will be in Calgary to share insights on how to validate your idea so you so you are more likely to get funded.
Chris Jone - A successful Alberta-based Entrepreneur who is now a highly sought after growth advisor will lead participants through the process of how to grow revenues faster by putting an Entrepreneurial Operating System (EOS) in their company.
Bryan de Lottinville - The CEO of a local, almost 400-person, technology company will share how they, and some of their over 250 Fortune 1,000 customers, like Nike, Google and Apple, sustain their growth in challengeing times by building and maintaining an impactful corporate culture.
Murad Al-Katib - The recent winner of Ernst & Young’s 2017 Global Entrepreneur of the Year Award will fly in to share how he grew an agriculture start-up into a profitable $2 Billion dollar company with over 2,000 employees on five continents.
About The Innovation Rodeo
The Innovation Rodeo connects some of Alberta's most promising Entrepreneurs with some of it's brightest Innovators sp everyone can exchange ideas, build new skills, establish new relationships, and help each other create and commercialize new ideas.
Proceeds from the Innovation Rodeo support aspiring and first-time Entrepreneurs in colleges and universities across Alberta.
Monday to Thursday:
- 12:00 - 1:15: Lunch & Learns - Lunch included
- 1:30 - 3:30: Innovation Challenges - with $2,000 cash going to the participants on each day's winning team of four
- 3:45 - 4:45: Regional Pitch Competitions: Promising first-time Entrepreneurs compete for $3,000 in regional pitch-offs
- 4:45 - 6:00: Free beers & networking
Lunch and Learn Topics
- Monday: Innovating - How to generate profitable products and business ideas
- Tuesday: Validating - How to make your idea more likely to receive funding
- Wednesday: Scaling - How to profitably grow your business
- Thursday: Sustaining - How to sustain your growth in challenging times
You do not need to attend all three of the day's events. Feel free to come for lunch and take in the Innovation Challenge or take in the Innovation Challenge and stay for the Entrepreneurship pitch-offs, beverages, and networking.
- 12:00 - 1:00 Lunch
- 1:00 - 2:00 Keynote by Murad Al-Katib - E&Y's 2017 Global Entrepreneur of the Year
- 2:00 - 3:00 Provincial Pitch-off - Regional winners pitch to celebrity judges for $18,000 in cash
- 3:15 - 3:30 Winners of the daily innovation challenges and Provincial Pitch-off announced
- 3:30 - 5:00 Celebrations and Networking